Posts Tagged devabulator

Devabulator 1.4 Released

A couple of days ago I released Devabulator 1.4, you can get it here.

Changelog:

  1. Fixed break caused by deviantART feed change. Devabulator would just say “loading deviations” and sit there doing nothing. Thanks to Micah from the deviantART team who helped me fix this.
  2. Added dock support. The current deviation is now displayed in the dock, handy if you have Devabulator minimized.
  3. Fixed ‘n’ & ‘p’ hotkeys. These were not working in Konfabulator version 4 and up, now fixed (and hopefully not broken for version 3…)

I found this news item explaining deviantART’s new search capabilities rather interesting, the cool part is that you can use most of these queries in Devabulator too (Devabulator uses the same feed to fetch deviations). For instance, have Devabulator show you today’s daily deviations by adding “special:dd” to the modifier list. The Devabulator page has a larger list of modifiers which you can use to really fine tune the results.

Also, I’m not really sure Konfabulator will last much longer, the forums seem to have disturbing news; so this may be the last Devabulator version, at least for Konfabulator. If you have another platform that you’d like to see Devabulator on (iPhone, Android, Vista Sidebar, etc.) please comment. In the meanwhile, enjoy!

, ,

No Comments

DataFox & Devabulator Development Update

DataFox is currently being updated to work for new MTNL Bombay users, those who have a ‘@’ in their username. A prototype is already working, but making sure it works well under all circumstances is the big time sink. Expect a release in the next week or two. In other DataFox news, a month ago, I released DataFox 1.5, which is a better Firefox citizen (I cleaned up a ton of global variables) and works for a bbservice.bsnl.in portal update. This version is also more efficient for users of this portal, as DataFox no longer needs to fetch and parse all your records before presenting usage statistics; it takes all it needs from the summary at the top of the sheet, saving both time and bandwidth.

Devabulator has been due an update for ages and I have been meaning to get to it for some time now, though I have been recently occupied with DataFox and FireBible development. Of course, the biggest time sink of all is MyEclipse :) DeviantART unknowingly forced the issue by drastically changing the feed Devabulator is built around, breaking Devabultor completely. It will attempt to get a list of deviations, but then hang, failing to display even a thumbnail. I spoke to them and they said they weren’t aware of anyone using the feed, so…

Again, I already have this mostly fixed, but need to make some changes to accommodate fundamental differences in the information received. Also taking the opportunity to run down some hairy bugs, if I manage to reproduce them.

, ,

1 Comment